News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Showboard is done... and a link to today's LAST day of detailing...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, May 09, 2018, 12:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

R S Steven

D.Smith

35-709

Very nice, Laurie.  People are going to be standing around reading that sign with tears in their eyes.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

cadillacmike68

Nice.

You realize you'll have to re-do it when you get the rest of the things finished. Or you could just write "completed" on this one!

I think you and I went to the same school, or at least my Sunday school was like yours.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Carl Fielding

Brother Tuck  : Yet another of your masterpiece creations ! WOW ! Now me being me, I particularly like your placing my name just under 'Fleetwood's. Beautiful !
                                       -       CADILLAC Carl

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Hey Steve, nice work!
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as they say! LOL! There's probably a few copyright infringements here between me and Taylor Imaging but don't worry about it, my lips are sealed.

Dave Taylor (Taylor Imaging) who has BMW among other corporations as clients, has been a dear friend of mine for decades. He was so happy for me getting The Ark, he's a car crank too. Based on my desires, and numerous edits, including at 10am today, he did it for me for free. It means the world to me because a friend did it, and I think its absolutely perfect.

I picked up my showboard tonight at Staples. I was late getting there because Michael Amster (Hyannis Vintage Auto) actually came to my house after his long busy work day restoring gazillion dollar cars to put the script on The Ark. Not only did Michael not charge me for the house call, he reiterated his desire to have my car with "their" display at the Hyannis Chamber of Commerce Father's Day Car Show (June 17th). 400 cars, 90K people. He spent even more time going over The Ark, he loves it and its condition. He'll be painting it the correct #93 this winter.

The poster is 2' x 3', on shiny paper, laminated, on a foam board, $70. I'll be attaching that board (and the other one I had them make from the '70s) to 1/2" plywood when I get a chance, being a contractor I have tons of nice plywood here.  I've spent the last 3.5 weeks, 7 days a week, working on getting ready for our first event which is tomorrow at Gillette Stadium.

I did a 'sound track' for the car too, all the top songs of 1970. A long time dear friend who's a DJ in his spare time put all the songs on CDs, got a nice CD player (battery operated option) and gave it all to me. Again, another guy so happy for me and the car and wanting to play a part in it. Woody dropped all the audio stuff tonight when Michael was here working on the car.

Its been a VERY good day. I won't sleep a wink tonight but its been a very good day. I am beyond blessed by this car and the people who surround me/us. I don't deserve it.

\m/
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: StevenTuck on May 10, 2018, 06:25:46 AM
Wonderful Laurie. Good things do come to good people. Good luck with your show.

Thanks Steve, looking forward to it!
I gave Dave a link to this thread, he read it. He really likes your sign! And he appreciates the design
inspiration for The Ark 2.0

\m/
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

cadillacmike68

Please tell us how the show went when you get a chance.

And let me know when the "accessory" I sent you arrives.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on May 10, 2018, 11:36:38 PM
Please tell us how the show went when you get a chance.

And let me know when the "accessory" I sent you arrives.

Mike that pen is so cool! Came today! Details please?
Thank you!

\m/
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

cadillacmike68

Laurie, I hunt down Cross Cadillac pens. I have chrome, black, gold 10K GF, 12K GF & 14K GF, new crest, old crest, and some with Cadillac Craftsmen or Service. I got the 1970 one that I sent you last year. I figure it will go with your 1970 Fleetwood. I don't have a 1968 one, I'm not sure that they made one, but they might have.

I have others. IBM 10 or 12K GF (Used to be an IBMer). Buick, and one set with Cadillac, Olds & Buick on the clip. I got a pink Cadillac one for the boss lady.

My fav is a 12K GF one with the traditional crest with "Stolen from Vic Potemkin" on the upper barrel.

Vic, as many know was the owner of the long running Cadillac Dealer in NYC on the west side. I visited it a couple times when I lived in NY.

Glad you had fun.

I had a show end with the Sky Rider on a flatbed too:

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Steve! You edited out the road crew?
Take it from a guitar tech, we WANT to see our names in the credits on the CD sleeve.

Where's Lexi?

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville