News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Help '88 Fleetwood parts

Started by Uhegej, May 16, 2018, 10:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhegej

I have a 1988 Fleetwood; the power steering line for cooling the power steering fulid that runs in front of radiator (metal line) is rusted and has 2 pin holes.  My mechanic says they no longer make this line. he cannot get the part.  he's currently looking into a local place to fabricate one. additionally I am having the fuel line replaced, says the flex part of line up by engine is no longer made, again he's trying to get it made local.  Any advice? anyone know of nos parts place that has these?
John Hegedus

1979 Fleetwood Brougham

V63

Maybe try and repair it?

If it is properly cleaned and prepared an epoxy could effectively work.

cadillacmike68

If its just line and not the cooler itself, then just get some same diameter line and have it spliced in.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

slowpoke17

Quote from: Uhegej on May 16, 2018, 10:33:20 PM
I have a 1988 Fleetwood; the power steering line for cooling the power steering fulid that runs in front of radiator (metal line) is rusted and has 2 pin holes.  My mechanic says they no longer make this line. he cannot get the part.  he's currently looking into a local place to fabricate one. additionally I am having the fuel line replaced, says the flex part of line up by engine is no longer made, again he's trying to get it made local.  Any advice? anyone know of nos parts place that has these?

A picture would help if you are able to take one.
John Federico

slowpoke17

I have a 1988 coupe deville, I'm assuming its similar to the fleetwood? Is this the hose you're talking about?

John Federico