News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1931 370a dash rebuild

Started by jaga, May 23, 2018, 07:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaga

I want to redo the dash on my 1931 370a and i'm curious if anyone knows how the chrome cross hatch pattern was made or how it could best be replicated today. Has anyone done this?

Thanks,
Jamie

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Jamie,
Most of those cars were restored 35 to 50 years ago. It was a problem even then. I seem to remember that someone had a solution but can't remember who. I suggest you contact  RM restorations in Canada. They may be able to do it but probably won't just tell you how. Or join the CLC & contact long time members with a 31. Good Luck.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

jaga

Thanks Bob for the good suggestions. I'll give RM restoration a try and see how it goes.

Cheers,
Jamie

nsdeds

Another late reply.

These insets on the dash where originally silk screened on aluminum which can be done today, price is always high and getting the quality you want can be difficult.

My solution was to go to my modern sign printing shop. With my "high resolution computer artwork" which took some time to create they printed a super high quality black on white pattern into a highly durable "stick on". It looks amazing at a much reduced cost.

I made several extras if anyone needs one. The ones I have are only for the V12 (and the V16, I think) as the V8 pattern is different.

Warning - there are some images available out there for these patterns, but some are poor quality, low resolution images and not really usable.
Scott Deno CLC# 18066