News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 Deville Wheel Help Needed.

Started by thelazyw, May 26, 2018, 05:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelazyw

I have been trying to read what wheels will fit a 1962 cadillac and was suggested I meet you guys!  I have a 1962 Sedan Deville.  I am in the midst of a major restomod project.  The wheels that came with the care were horrible and had the caps siliconed to stay on!

Now I just want to know what fits.  I know it is 5x5.  I am comfortable 15-18" will fit.

I am unsure of max width without modification on rear and what offset/hub I need.  I went to measure the wheels on the car only to find the bad fitment and cap issue....

Someone told me some chevy truck sized wheels will fit but I have not tried any at this point. I am going with some cragar type wheels to go with the scheme.

I appreciate any help.

Dan LeBlanc

If you're looking to use your factory hubcaps, only 1961-64 Cadillac rims will work because of the deep dish design of the cap and the fact they grip the outer flange of the rim.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

signart

GM 2WD truck ralleys from say '73 to '87 are 5x5. They came in 7 and 8 inch widths. The 8" are centered up and I have fitted '62 Cadillac caps to them, but have not fitted the wheels to a '62 Cadillac. Have not tried a 7" ralley.

Art D. Woody

russ austin

I have original wheels from the correct year range.  My shop is closed for a week right now, but email me at  russ85747@Hotmail.com
R.Austin