News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 EFI Eldorado

Started by Joe Albanese, May 31, 2018, 01:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Albanese

Needing answers to (2) questions..
A). On air cleaner breather housing there is a single port to receive a vacuum line. For the life of me I cannot figure out which vacuum line (or series of lines) attach to the underside of breather housing.  Please remember, this is a fuel injection configuration. 

B).  Is there a replacement wiring connector to firmly attach to the actual fuel injector, as two of my injectors barely maintain a loose fitting which turns into a "miss" scenario.

Thanking in advance, Joe Albanese
Joe Albanese

Phil Weber

As far as I'm aware there is no vacuum lines on the EFI model air cleaner . Only on the carby model.

Standard motor products make a connector for the injector  # SK21.  Rock Auto normally have them but I just checked and they are out of stock.

Attached is a picture of the vaccuum for the 1976 model.

Phil

Glen

The air fitting on top of the air cleaner is most likely for the air supply to the automatic level control compressor.  Which may have been removed from your car.  Do you have air shocks on the rear of your car?   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Phil Weber

Spot on Glen.

Joe,

Here is a picture from the manual showing the hose and fitting.

Phil

Joe Albanese

Phil and Glen,

Thanks to both of you  for your accurate responses.

Phil,
I saved the part number for the fuel injector's electrical connector from Rock Auto.  I will be ordering within the next day or so.

Glen,
Over the winter I repainted and replaced the "Electronic Fuel Injection" decal on the top cover of the air breather assembly.  That is when I noticed the port to receive a air line on the base of breather.  When I attempted to research in the '76 manual under Emissions, there was no reference to that port. 
Having owned this Eldo for the last (38) years, I forgot that when I replaced the air level system with independent air shocks around (25) years ago, I disconnected that port.  Simply put, I just forgot my modification.  Age is catching up with me..

In closing, once again I appreciate the responses and this forum.  As a long time member of the CLC, a few years back I let my membership lapse as I didn't participate in club activities.  Then I had occasion to request info within the Forum, and decided that resource alone was certainly worth the cost of CLC club membership.  So.. I've been back on board as a member in good standing.  Yes, Membership has its Privileges!

Best Regards,
Joe Albanese
Joe Albanese

Glen

Glad to help.  Do you still have the compressor and valve at the rear axle?
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Joe Albanese

Glen, I actually have two compressor units   One on vehicle and one in storage.
Joe Albanese