News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1961 Cadillac

Started by Cadillac61, June 07, 2018, 04:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac61

I am from Germany and i own a 1961 Cadillac Sedan deVille with Flat top and wrap around window.

I dont know this is exactly how they called this modell.

Can you help what i have and how many are still alive

Roger Zimmermann

The VIN is an indication of what you have effectively with the letter "A" or "B". The suffix A is for a 6239 Sixty-Two Sedan (4 window) and B is for a Sedan de Ville (4 window).
In addition, you have on the cowl an aluminum plate which is giving the model number (61-6239 or 61-6339), trim and paint codes.

Unfortunately, I don't know how many are still existing; I just can say that there were only 4700 units built as a Sixty-Two Sedan and 4847 Sedan de Ville were built. The six-window Sedan de Ville (with a different roof and smaller back window) was much more popular with 26415 units built.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

D.Smith

Quote from: Cadillac61 on June 07, 2018, 04:49:30 PM
I am from Germany and i own a 1961 Cadillac Sedan deVille with Flat top and wrap around window.

I dont know this is exactly how they called this model.

Gorgeous car!     
Officially it was called a four window Sedan deVille.   
It was also available in the lower Series Sixty Two trim level.
There is no way to know how many are still left.   Some are not in the club,
some are not ever registered and on the road.   But it is a rare body style. 

I have the same car and color but in the six window style.