News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1996 Fleetwood remote keyless entry / TD system went on the fritz

Started by cadillacmike68, June 13, 2018, 10:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacmike68

The entire RKE system seems to have taken a powder on me.

I had to brake VERY hard yesterday to avoid some idiocy in front of me (didn't hit anything) but after that the remote fob buttons will not do anything. They won't lock, unlock or release the trunk. They worked fine earlier in the day.

And the auto lock - unlock when the car is taken in and out of park will not work either.

and the the security dash light no longer lights up when one gets in the car.

the 1500 page service manual says the RKE/TDM (Remote Keyless Entry / Theft Deterrent Module) in / on the rear window panel, but there is no location drawing. There is something in the trunk under the window, driver side, aluminum box about 6 inches square maybe 1.5" thick with two multi pin connectors. I got those off and reconnected - no help. There is mention of a "concealed fuse". Wonderful.

It doesn't look like anything hit it, but it might have gotten "upset" from the hard braking. Or that might not be the RKE/TDM.

I even disconnected the battery and touched the cables to clear any errors. That stuff still does not work.

The power locks work from all four doors.

This is all in section 9K of book 1 (the larger of the two books).

The chart on 9K-9 says :
1. Do the power door lock switches operate normally?
Yes -
2. Disconnect the RKE/TDM and probe terminal D1

Well, WHERE is that Module??

Is is possible that the hard braking broke the module. Does anyone know where the module is, where that concealed fuse is and how to identify pin D1?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Mike.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

cadillacmike68

This happened AGAIN  >:( Just recently.

Last time I found the module, up on the rear deck under the lining and disconnected then reconnected it. I'll try that. I checked at the dealer last week, and of course the module itself is discontinued.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike