News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Has anyone ever heard of different size power steering pump shafts? F56 Cadillac

Started by Konnig10, June 13, 2018, 11:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konnig10

I purchased a rebuilt power steering pump from AllCad.com in Las Vegas. I went to put my pulley on the shaft and noticed the shaft on theirs is about a quarter of an inch thinner than my original power steering pump shaft. The power steering pump they sent me looks identical to my power steering pump both are made by Saginaw. I've left them a message and waiting for them to respond. In the meantime can anyone recommend somewhere I can purchase a pulley that might fit or ultimately I probably need to return this power steering pump.

J. Gomez

You probably got a later year PS pump i.e. ’57 or ‘58, they look similar from the outside but the MPL shows they have different part numbers for the shafts and pulley.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082