News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Makes me feel good

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, June 16, 2018, 03:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Probably stupid to post but I put a lot of stuff on here so what the heck.
There is a car show that I have enjoyed for years. Not only is it fun but it is FREE to show the car and they have FREE donuts in the morning and they give car owners FREE (can you tell I am cheap??) burgers, brats, dogs and drinks.
This year my son drove my dad in the 55 and I grove the 70. 3 generations and 2 Cadillacs.
Thanks for letting me feel good by posting this.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Caddyholic

I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

James Landi

Jeff,

Every reason for each of us to celebrate our enthusiasms, our expertise, and our experiences with folks who show an interest in knowing something about our cultural history as manifest and reflected in these great machines.  These Cazdillac cars where not only a totem to success in corporate capitalist America, they were the epitome of our country's celebration of individuals HAVING ARRIVED in this great country.  Our parents and grand parents bought these cars because they meant so much more than simply comfortable transportation. They represented the attainment of success in America.  So a car show that includes your Cadillac would be a much lesser event without its magnificent presence on the field.     Happy day to you Jeff,   James

savemy67

Jeff,

Glad you were able to enjoy the cars and show with both your dad and your son.  Nice colors on the cars.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

z3skybolt

Jeff,

Bring her to St. Clair tomorrow. We will be there with the LaSalle.  Would be nice to meet you. We will arrive at 8:00 a.m.

bob
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

pmhowe

Hey Jeff,

Looks like a fun time. I'm envious. Wish there were a similar show nearby.

Eat an extra donut for me.

Phil

Caddyholic

Jeff

My sons and I are  taking the 62 to the museum of transportation show tomorrow.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: Caddyholic on June 16, 2018, 05:15:16 PM
what show is it?
I am not affiliated with them at all but we used to live in North County and I would drive by Hazelwood Baptist church every day.  The show started out small and just kept growing into what it is now. I was Finally able to go a few years ago with the 70 and finally with both and the family this year. It is always the Saturday before Father's Day.
Not sure if I can make the Museum today or not.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

chrisntam

Is that a spot of oil under the '55?

Just kidding!   ;)

Cool that the family is involved and you got to bring both.  They look great as do the '70 wheel covers!

You felt (at the show) like I felt (at the GN) during the driving tour.  It appeared the car would make it and I was elated!

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Jeepers Creepers

Good that its a free show.

I've never really got my head around the fact, most shows we have, want the car owners to stump up $20.00 to bung their ride in the show.
The general public, often get in free or a for a gold coin ($1.00 ot $2.00)
Stuff me, no cars.... no show....

I've always thought it should be the other way around..... but then, I don't run car shows either.
Kevin and Astrid Campbell
Australia

chrisntam

Our club charges to "display" our cars at the GN....

There's a show here each April, costs $20 per car, proceeds go to local charities.  I'm good with that.

I'd rather not have the money lining someone's pockets, beyond costs, but I'm generally naïve when it comes to stuff like this.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

cadillacmike68

here are a lot of free cruise ins here in the tampa bay area including coffee & donut ones with free coffee & donuts. But I stopped being a morning person when the army retired me. I never really was , but it kind of had to be for the army.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cape Cod Fleetwood

What a great post and great pics Jeff, happy for you!

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Art Director

Quote from: chrisntam on June 17, 2018, 09:07:50 PM
Our club charges to "display" our cars at the GN....

A display-only car takes up the same amount of room as a judged car; therefore, the $25 charge. Fortunately for the CLC, Cadillac underwrites the cost of awards for the judged cars. There was a time that our favorite brand did not take care of the cost of the awards.

For what it's worth, the national chief judge and the local chief judge spend many hours figuring out the best possible way to lay out the show field. Then you have the expense of the tape to mark each spot, plus the stanchions that indicate which cars are parked in each row. Many local car shows charge an entry fee, and the $25 is considered to be the "entry fee" for the Grand National. Quite reasonable in my book.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold