News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Fleetwood oil filter drivers side!

Started by gary griffin, June 23, 2018, 02:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

I am pretty sure my missing oil filter should be on the drivers side due to the A C unit on the passengers side.

There is a bracket there and a couple of abandoned tubing connections.  The bracket has two bolt holes one above the other about 2 1/2 inches apart and I am assuming that is the mounting bracket for the oil filter?

Where can I find a correct oil filter canister and where are the connections on the engine for the oil lines located on the engine?

Basically there are two tubes coming from the block that are probably for the oil filter. One is from the front of the valley and I am assuming the oil pump is directly below that one and one is lower on the block and I am assuming that is the return to the block for the cleaned oil?
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

gary griffin

Still need the information and pictures would help a lot also!!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver