News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CTS-V Wagon

Started by metalblessing, June 25, 2018, 09:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalblessing

I have never seen a Cadillac station wagon, and I like it! Is this the only wagon (or estate car depending where you live) cadillac ever made? Too bad it was low production numbers, I've always liked wagons and this seems like it was the mother of all wagons:

https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-a-perfect-cadillac-cts-v-wagon-is-worth-now-1801087310
1968 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse/Ambulance Combination

Big Apple Caddy

The CTS wagon was sold 2010-2014 (CTS-V wagon 2011-2014).  Although there have been various aftermarket conversions in the past, this was the first "official" Cadillac wagon sold in North America.  A smaller front-wheel drive Cadillac BLS wagon (picture attached) was sold overseas around 2007-2010.

INTMD8

I like the V wagons.

Favorite is manual transmission with sunroof delete.

67_Eldo

As Jalopnik says, the wagons - "V" wagons in particular - are the hot ticket these days.

Here's an auction (three days remain) in which a 2012 CTS-V currently sits at $21k. It will finish at well over $45k, if the recent past is any indication.

The second-gen CTS-V (2009 - 2015) is powered by a supercharged Corvette LS engine making a bit more that 550 HP. And yet people bring in their pristine wagons to get that measly HP number bumped up to 700 HP and beyond, risking the factory reliability and amazing resale value in the process! Amazing.

Of course, the XLR critics asked why GM and Cadillac used the excellent Corvette engine in the CTS-V and not the relatively unproven Northstar that went into the XLR.