News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

SpaceCoast Plating Melbourne, Florida

Started by BillR. CLC # 29203, June 20, 2018, 06:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillR. CLC # 29203

I've spoken with the folks@    http://spacecoast-plating.com/ 
We priced out the remaining large pieces/parts that I did not have Centex Metals in Austin do for the front and rear '59 Six Window bumpers. ( Centex did great work on the front tie bar, ends and others but 1,085 miles is too far to ship/haul back and forth, )
I understand their lead time to be 4 months. Checked yelp.com to find them highly regarded.
Anybody in the Forum either used SpaceCoast Plating or know firsthand of somebody that has recently?
Thanks in advance.
Bill Rodwick
CLC#29203
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

35-709

Space Coast did all of the chrome on my '35, some of the chrome on my '73 Caribou (it didn't need all of it done), and all of the chrome on my 1950 Jaguar Mark V (and there was a LOT of it!).  Very good work, not cheap (blame the EPA for that) and the principals of the business have been in the plating business for a long time.   
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

35-709

Here is a before and after pic of Big Red --- don't know why the cars are elongated in the pic.

BillR. CLC # 29203

G. Newcombe,
Thanks for the recommendation.
They sound spot on.
Bill Rodwick
CLC#29203
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

G Pennington

Bill, Just to be clear, you are moving your work from Cen-Tex to Space Coast strictly because it's more convenient (closer), right?  No problems with Cen-Tex?
I ask because I will be starting on the chrome for the '53 soon, and Cen-Tex was on my short list (along with North Texas Quality Chrome).  Both are about a 3 hour drive for me.
I know quality chrome work is expensive,  just want to make sure my money is well spent.
Gary Pennington
   1953 6267X Convertible
   1941 6267D Convertible (2 door)

59-in-pieces

I must confess that when I saw the pics of Big Red, I had 2 reactions: first a handsome car, and second you must have jumped to the Low Rider Forum - long and low (air bags).
Have fun,
Steve B..
S. Butcher

35-709

;D  Yeah, but no, basically standard ride height.  16" wheels and tires instead of the original 17" though.

BillR. CLC # 29203

Gary Pennington,
Yes, the reason we are using SpaceCoast this time is because the '59 Split Window is in Central Florida. We did use CenTex in Austin for portions of the front bumper, got super service and a product to match. This time it's simply a matter of logistics and me not wanting to haul the big/heavy "bits' to Texas and back to Central Florida.
We took an hour or so today taking the bumpers apart as we plan to take them to Mebourne, Florida Wednesday morning.
Bill Rodwick
CLC#29203
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

cadillac ken

I have a restoration shop. Space Coast Plating is local to me.  They have done all my chrome work for years.  I know the owners personally and they are good people.  Their work is top quality and I have had very few issues with them.  I give them a thumbs up.

BillR. CLC # 29203

Cadillac Ken,
Thanks for the thumbs up.                                   
We dropped 11 pieces into their capable hands yesterday and got the full tour of the facility.
My son should get a green light call in 4 months or so which works out well with everything else going on.
Thanks again.
BillR.
CLC#29203
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203