News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Refrigerant wars

Started by fishnjim, July 03, 2018, 06:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnjim

I just read this is going to the Supreme court now.   After Honeywell/Dupont won the 1234 patent suit, the opposition sued EPA for not having authority for HFC ban which would guarantee the 1234yf monopoly.   So I wouldn't get rid of my 134a just yet.   
So when you go get a few lbs for your car, remember the legal fees are supported in the price they charge, the gas is the cheap part...

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Jim
Just a couple of points. HFCs are NOT banned in the US. They have been banned for new vehicle production intended for sale in the EU for a couple of years.
There are several competing vehicle AC systems world wide, one of which a complex CO2 system that has been used in US military vehicles for a while.
The BIG problem with HFCs is that there currently is an inadequate domestic source of Flourine and guess where it comes from.
Don’t believe everything that pops up electronically.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

cadillacmike68

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Yes.  Same place the HFO 1234yf comes from.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

cadillacmike68

You can probably still get the 1.35V mercuric oxide batteries there too. Highly useful in a Canon F-1
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike