News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Intro and question lookng for info on early 1940's Cadillacs

Started by Abe Lugo, July 07, 2018, 10:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abe Lugo

Hi my name is Abe, I'm fond of classic and vintage cars.  I'm in Los Angeles,CA. I'm a miniature car designer.
Between my wife and we usually have one nice running vintage car. Recently we both sold our rides.

So I started a search for older models to drive and have fun in, maybe partially restore.
I am currently looking at late 30's-early 40's Cadillacs.

I had couple questions.
For titles, does the body tag # match the VIN #?  Where should I look the VIN on these?

I have seen a few out of State cars and want to make sure the title is all good before proceeding. I'm in CA.

On 40's Cadillacs, what areas are the worst for rust?
I was looking at a /39 Coupe out of  WA and the rockers/running boards were toast underneath as well as the body area nearby.

I can see how trunk areas would get rust from a failed trunk seal.

I think that is about it to start. Thanks everyone.
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

Steve Passmore

Main rust areas are around the bottom of the door pillars and floor/rockers.   Engine numbers before 1941 are hard to find on bell housing near the distributor base. Chassis numbers on top chassis behind the steering box. Engine numbers after 41 are behind the water pump on a flat section in front of the right-hand head.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Abe Lugo

Thanks for the info Steve, that is what I needed.
I'll update if my quest for a Cadillac works out.
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

Penn Lenson

HI Abe,

I saw your blog on the Cadillac Club forum...if you are still looking for a nice old Cadillac let me know. I currently have my 1941 62 series Deluxe coupe advertised in the Classic Car Bulletin, as we are in the process of relocating out of state. We are currently located in the Temecula area. You can call me for further information at (951) 440-8155.

thanks,

Penn Lenson