News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'48 Cadillac 62 Series Door Weatherstripping

Started by Randy_Lahey, July 10, 2018, 05:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy_Lahey

Hi there--

Long time reader, first time poster.  I bought my '48 62-Series without any door seals on it.  It looks like I need to buy it by the foot but I'm not sure what to get.  Here's the link to the Steele page for the car.  You'll notice they list several different seals for the car and no kind of molded ends/caps.  It looks like there are 3 different options for the door with the exception of the hinge side of the door/body.  How do the door surround seals transition to the hinge side of the door?  Should there be any molded ends/caps that are specific to the car?  Can you point me in the right direction for the proper seal for the 3/4 sides of the door?

It's difficult to tell what I need since I have no trace of door seals on the car.  I've looked at so many universal door seals my head is starting to spin!

Thanks so much for any help.

-David

Jay Friedman

For this information try Joe Cutler at 49caddymanemail addresses not permitted who is a CLC '48 technician.

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Randy_Lahey

Thanks so much Jay!  I'll shoot him an email now.

Thanks again,

David