News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 Auto Leveling Compressor

Started by 67 Cadillac, July 11, 2018, 10:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 Cadillac

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows the color code for the gold paint on the A.L. Compressor or something close that comes in a spray can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

What you're looking for is a cadmium coating kit. Available from Eastwood.

https://search.eastwood.com/search?w=gold%20cadmium%20paint
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dan LeBlanc

Looks like they've reduced the price and finally reduced the can size on the red and green highlights.  My current kit is out of the gold but I have tons of the highlights left.

You can get stuff looking pretty good with it if you practice.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

67 Cadillac

Thanks guys! I'll look into it. I'm starting to put my 429 back together tomorrow morning. Should be back in next week.

Cheers
Jeff

Series75

Curious whether there are judging point deductions for the Eastwood system versus actual annodizing.

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Series75 on July 12, 2018, 10:00:20 PM
Curious whether there are judging point deductions for the Eastwood system versus actual annodizing.

Oh no, you didn't.  :P
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

chrisntam

Quote from: Series75 on July 12, 2018, 10:00:20 PM

We should start a separate thread to discuss judging.  This thread is about the ALC compressor.

:o
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

P. Manoogian

Try Krylon 18K.its in a small can at Michael's Craft stores or Joanne Fabrics.
1961 Eldorado - Shell Pearl/Mauve
1962 Corvette 327 - 250 HP Automatic Triple Black
1963 Impala SS Convertible - 283 Automatic Black Red Gut White Top
1965 Impala SS Coupe  - 502 Turbo 400 - Crocus Yellow
1974 Corvette L84 4spd Coupe - White / Black Leather