News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Ugliest 60 Caddy I have seen in a <L O N G> time

Started by 76eldo, July 13, 2018, 05:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

59-in-pieces

OK, there is no accounting for taste.
How many times have I read from others - "its his car, he can do with it as he wants" - sorta a free pass attitude.
True that.
Just be grateful as a Cadillac Club, that the car didn't end up crushed.
Can I have a 59/60 Amen.....Barry is not quite a believer yet, so I wont wait for one from him.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on July 15, 2018, 05:55:20 PM
OK, there is no accounting for taste.
How many times have I read from others - "its his car, he can do with it as he wants" - sorta a free pass attitude.
True that.
Just be grateful as a Cadillac Club, that the car didn't end up crushed.
Can I have a 59/60 Amen.....Barry is not quite a believer yet, so I wont wait for one from him.

Have fun,
Steve B.

59/60 Amen

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

cadillacmike68

Quote from: 67_Eldo on July 13, 2018, 05:37:25 PM
I think he probably started out with the idea of painting a simple racing stripe down the middle.

After he finished the stripe, he looked carefully at what he'd done and said to himself "That doesn't look perfectly symmetrical. I better add a little more paint to the other side." Of course, he then added too much paint to the "other side."

By the time he'd finished oscillating back and forth to "even it out," the width of the original stripe had now stretched clear across the car!

Poof! He had to sell it! :-)

Like the reverse of a Marx bros skit where they cut all the mustache off bit by bit because it was "uneven"

I don't like lowered card with stooopid wheels. and the blacked out grilles and bumpers aren't too good. but the seats look nice.

Not the ugliest I've seen but definitely not what I'd be interested in.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

kgreen

No harm done with the mods and I agree that the car is at least present and on the road which is a far cry from being parked in the grass rotting away or next in line for the crusher.  I'd take this car for restoration any day over one that was disassembled.

Steve B - if your forum name is accurate, I've done that so my hats off to you!