News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

touch up paint '58 cad

Started by TonyZappone #2624, July 15, 2018, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyZappone #2624

Who might have '58 Cad calumet cream (yellow) two ounce touch up with brush?
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Tony, I'd be afraid that paint that old would be dried up by now. What I do is invest (Usually, you have to buy at least as pint or maybe a quart) in the correct color from your local body supply shop. If you want some of it put into spray bombs, they can do that also. And then just get you some cheap brushes at Hobby Lobby or Lowes, whatever and start in. I would think that a yellow shade should blend in nicely with the original paint, especially if you are filling in chips.

I once went over a 1957 convertible (white) filling in chips and the original owner swore that I'd had the car painted (at first glance.) Best of luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

TonyZappone #2624

Thanks Barry.  I really wasn't very clear.  There use to be people who mixed small amounts and sold them on line, or in magazines.  I wouldn't buy a spray container.  That's the quickest way for someone like me to screw up a car..
Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Tony, I just noticed that you have a Pierce. We have one in our local car club as well, maybe a '32-33. Also, if you can remember the Society's Presidents back that far, Marc Ralston was President while I was CLC President and we only lived 25 miles apart. Marc came into my store back in 1971 or so and we got to talking about old cars. His family had a 1949 Buick he had "inherited" somehow and I helped get him interested in the hobby. He has passed away now but he wrote a Pierce book like Van Gelderen and Larson did with LaSalle.

I'm pretty careful myself with those spray cans. Usually it's putting a little paint in the cap for touchup, not "spraying." I did do the plastic on the '81 Seville and it turned out pretty well. I only had to totally wipe things off a couple of times. I thought you might have been referring to the little bottles you could get at parts stores thirty years ago.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

TonyZappone #2624

Marc and I were both presidents of the Pierce-Arrow Society.  He was a nice man, and a great old car guy.  We miss him a lot
Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I've had good luck with paint from this place.

Calcutta Cream they say it is - code 40.

https://www.paintscratch.com/
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

TonyZappone #2624

Ordered a 2 oz bottle of single stage today.  $30.95 shipped.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute