News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Up close and personal

Started by STS05lg, July 18, 2018, 09:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

What is the old fashioned way or "swift and final" justice?
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

chrisntam

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on July 21, 2018, 02:47:59 PM

I'm curious as well.  I would "assume" either is illegal, which in my book is prolly not the smart thing to do.  I would seek financial relief, assuming damage.

But that's just me.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

59-in-pieces

Chris - Scot,

What do I needs to do - draw uuse guys a picture.

Bobby - explain to these  guys - the East Coast Code.

Have fun.
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Scot Minesinger

If an oblivious millionaire idiot hits your car parking there almost is no justice because then your car is out of commission for repairs, which can take some time.  For me it is about the loss of use.  The car is insured and presumably the offending party will pay.  I know you guys are kind of joking around.  My car friend witness some dumb new driver parallel park her POS econo box with the crunch noise method scuffing a brand new expensive car, and he called the police and yelled at her for a few minutes.  Hopefully she learned it is easier to look and take your time rather than just damage other people's property to save 30 seconds while parking.

I only drive my classics when there is parking that should be safe, not in a hurry, good weather, and reasonable traffic.  The blue CVPI now 11 years old and 106k miles is used for city and busy driving, if it gets a little ding it does not matter too much.  Surprisingly, it has not suffered any parking lot damage, but while driving and while it and when it is parked away from home, I'm worry free.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Bobby B

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on July 21, 2018, 02:17:07 PM
I'm with Bobby B.

He from New Jersey and me from the wild west in So.California (not those No Cal. folks).
We know how to handle people who disrespect.
Justice here is SWIFT and FINAL.

Have fun,
Steve B.

Steve,
Why Thank You...and it's 2 strikes you're out, not 3...... >:D
                                                              Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Bobby B

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on July 21, 2018, 02:47:59 PM

If you don't know, don't ask. Easier in the days before cell phones/ cameras. But then again, back in the old days, people knew how to drive and respected other people's property. And Let's not all assume that every car is leased, gets traded in every 2 years, and we can play bumper cars with other people's hard earned money. Repeat offenders cars would go a few blocks and mysteriously die, and no one in the neighborhood saw anything.....Get it?  ;)
                                                                       Bobby
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Bobby B

Quote from: chrisntam on July 21, 2018, 04:10:04 PM
I would seek financial relief, assuming damage.

You will spend up to a year in a hold pattern with your local judicial system, only to be disappointed at the final result of the culprit pretty much getting a slap on the wrist, and MAYBE some community service and an anger management class. Had a 15K paint job keyed for absolutely no reason by someone I had no connection with whatsoever. Jealousy I guess. And that's with the person being caught...... ::)
                                                                       Bobby
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH