News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Collecting Cadillacs

Started by 76Caddy, July 25, 2018, 09:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan LeBlanc

Quote from: 76eldo on July 26, 2018, 01:34:33 AM
Dan,

You will never be able to replace your 70 in the future. It's a great car!
And going over to the dark side?  Wow.

Brian

Yes, it's a great car - probably the best 70 deVille Convertible in Canada.  Had a boat load of money spent on it before I got it, then I spent even more to take it across the finish line.  Just not 100% convinced it's the right car for me.  Planning a weekend getaway down in Nova Scotia next month and may take it if the weather is nice.  That should tell me whether or not I'm keeping it.  My wife and I chatted about it last night and I said that if the right offer came along today, I wouldn't hesitate to hold out my hand and take the money.  She wasn't over the moon about it, but, in the same breath, every time we want to take it somewhere, she's hesitant.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

76eldo

Well, if you decide to sell it I am sure it will bring top money.  Great car and you made it even better.  Bottom line, if you are not excited by the car every time you drive it and if you don't go into the garage sometimes and just stare at it or enjoy just sitting in it, it may not be the right car for you.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

6caddy2

Good question, if I had the room and money, 81 fleetwood  D'Elagance, 79 fleetwood coupe D' Elagance, and a 91 fleetwood D' Elagance w/5.7L all fully loaded w/ astroroof, all right next to the 62 series 62 convertible, oh what a sight that would be!!!!!  8) just gotta hit the power ball lottery!!
1962 convertible
1979 Fleetwood brougham d'Elegance
1981 Coupe deVille 368 FI 864
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille

Dan LeBlanc

Brian. You've still got my number. If you hear of anyone looking send them my way.
Dan LeBlanc

David Greenburg

I dunno Dan; sounds like you’ve got some commitment issues.  First you jilt Rosa despite your paean to her in the SS (not that she or I are complaining), and now this!
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

The Tassie Devil(le)

Some people are hard to please.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   But, I have always found that one had best sell something BEFORE buying another, or one ends up with a Collection.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

At this point I really have no more space (but that can
be worked on) -- but I'd like to add an XLR.  At this
point in my life, I really don't want to take on another
10 year restoration project.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Dan LeBlanc

Quote from: David Greenburg on July 27, 2018, 01:10:50 AM
I dunno Dan; sounds like you’ve got some commitment issues.  First you jilt Rosa despite your paean to her in the SS (not that she or I are complaining), and now this!

That or I still have to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
Dan LeBlanc

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

My problem is more of attachment than the other way around. Unfortunately in my position it's not always possible to keep everything as much as I'd like to.

My black '77 and '62 CdVs I'll probably keep indefinitely because I can manage the opportunity costs of keeping them as well as being the most difficult to replicate in the color combination & condition they're in. For that reason, I would have a very difficult time parting with either of those two cars.

25 years of searching before I found the '77 CdV I always wanted.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1977_Black_Coupe_deVille_(1).jpg

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

gkhashem

I will start with a 1930 Cadillac V16  Roadster, a 1941 Series 62 Coupe, a 1949 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe or Coupe Deville, and a 1961 Coupe  Deville.

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

59-in-pieces

Mother may I, one or the other of the 1930/1931 V16 Cadillacs Roadsters - unless I'm greedy, then both.

I'm not a fan of selling several - or even one for another.
After all - variety is the spice of life.
Oh, and didn't I say, I'm greedy.

Have fun,
Steve B.

PS - my favorite hood ornament
S. Butcher

Scot Minesinger

Dan,

That gold color is great.  You do not see it on the road today on modern cars, to me that make it more special than red, black and silver classic cars. 

If I relied on what others in my circle of friends and relatives thought about my cars, I would be driving a Camry.  Usually if my non-car friends and family question my decision, I know that it is a winner.  They cannot understand why all the crowds stare in envy at the cars I drive.  I picked my daughter up from college for Easter weekend on a nice day with the red DVC top down there and back.  Had I asked permission, everyone would have scolded me about driving 200 miles round trip in it.  I asked for forgiveness rather than permission.  My daughter had a blast.

If you like driving with top up and ac on, have to agree with you it probably should be sold.

My 1970 SDV gets driven mainly during colder weather when it is sunny.  I just cannot bring myself to leave the convertible at home on a nice hot sunny day. 

You should have no trouble selling a 472 powered hi compression engine Cadillac convertible when the time comes.

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

jaxops

1. 1960 Series 75 Fleetwood Imperial

2. 1968 deVille Convertible
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

cadillacmike68

BTW, my wife would NEVER ask me that question. She's more like: when are you going to sell one of those?
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike