News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Source Needed: for Door Check (or strap) for 1952 Cadillac 6219X

Started by jdemerson, July 30, 2018, 01:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdemerson

I'm looking for a door-check mechanism for driver's door on a '52 Sedan. It it the arm that goes from front edge of door into the fender and keeps the door open. There's a spring in it. I've called Fusick, McVey, and USA Parts Supply, with no luck.
Can anyone suggest a source?  The door is off the car, so I'd like to get the part before a show in Mid-August. I imagine it's the same for 1950-53, and probably also Buick Super  and Roadmaster from that era

Thank you!
John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

fishnjim

Are you talking about a fabric strap to stop the door over opening, or the mechanical catch that sit over the hinge and holds it open?
I got a whole top hinge for my coupe from a desert junk yard, because driver side was missing.  Actually ended up buying both hinge assys after he sold me the top, I got the bottom cheap.   So I doubt there's a repro source, as they changed from year to year.   Might try All Cads, or the desert junkyards, if no one responds.   '50s stuff is getting scarce by the minute.   Sedan should be more available.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You might try Honest John's in TX. Mention my name as referral. (It might help...)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville