News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

79 Cadillac Coupe Windshield Replacement

Started by Phaeton79, July 30, 2018, 09:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaeton79

Hi,

Curious to see if anyone has replaced a windshield on a 1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville before? Looking to see what's required in regards to window seal or sealant needed and if it's just cheaper to pay someone to install the glass? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
ccasey

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I would just leave it to the professionals. Since you have the top removed already, it should make the installer's job that much easier.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

35-709

Agreed.  If you break one or have a water leak after install, you'll wish you had a professional do it!
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Phaeton79

Good advice. That is where I am leaning towards. What's a reasonable price for glass and install? Anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks for the replies,

ccasey

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Around $200 +/- I would think. Been many years since I had a windshield done on a full size GM of this era.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute