News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Windshield Haze

Started by snoridr182, August 01, 2018, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoridr182

Is there anyway to remove this windshield haze???

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Delamination of the safety glass. Glass replacement is the only remedy.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Jon S

It looks like over-spray - primer. Was the car repainted recently?  I would try some enamel reducer on a small area. Delamination looks very different.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Dan LeBlanc

Undoubtedly delamination.  That's a high stress point on the glass right in the curve, so it's not uncommon to see it in that area.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

INTMD8

Eric and Dan are 100% correct.

amolnayak

This delamination however the main cause in this case is the worn out windshield seals once the water attacks the laminate between the glasses the delamination starts fast. Modern laminated glasses are far more tolerant to de lamination. I had this problem on my 1940 Lasalle and all the glasses had to be replaced
1940 Lasalle 5227C
1956 Mercedes Benz 180D
1956 Fiat 1100 103E
1961 Rover P5 (now sold)
1992 Eunos Roadster V series special

Jon S

Quote from: INTMD8 on August 02, 2018, 08:57:45 PM
Eric and Dan are 100% correct.

I was looking at the yellow dots on my iPhone. Saw the delamination when I blew it up.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT