News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Value of 1974 Eldorado

Started by gary griffin, August 03, 2018, 10:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

What is the APROXIMATE value of a 1974 Eldorado in very nice shape with 74,XXX miles.  Color is Gold, and upholstery looks great in the pictures. It has been in the same family since new. Grandma first then now Granddaughter owns it. Always garaged. Range of prices for approximately condition 3 for example
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Eldorados of this vintage were not especially rare, with
1974 production of over 40,000.

The 1974 was essentially the same as the 1973 model
except for a few minor trim changes.

Approximate value for a condition 3:  $8 - $10k.
assuming no major mechanical issues and all
equipment complete and in working order.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Carl Fielding

We need to know if it is a convertible or not.  -  Carl

TJ Hopland

I have not been watching them carefully lately but $8-10 seems higher than I have been seeing in my area for a #3 hardtop.  I see them advertised for that but they don't appear to sell.    There are often decent converts available in that range.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

gary griffin

Thanks for responding.

TJ  The asking price on this one is $6,000 and owner is firm on the price. It was a Seattle car (We do not ice our streets) and is still in the family. It has been in eastern Washington for several years and always garaged according to the owner. 

Karl, it is not a convertible.

I am considering buying it myself but if not I will try to help the owner get a post on this site. I talked to her for a lengthy period of time yesterday, and not related to this but she was a classmate of my ex wife.

Since I have the Lasalle convertible and live  near rainy Seattle I do not want another convertible.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

TJ Hopland

That sounds worth consideration to me especially since you can get some back story from the family.    Has it been kept in driving condition?   Things like all the rubber (hoses and tires) somewhat recent?  IF that stuff is all good and its been driven enough recently that you are not going to end up with fuel system issues that all adds value.   Don't forget to ask or look at things like has the AC been converted.   How about timing chain?   Any transmission work?  These cars are now at the age where even a well kept original transmission isn't likely going to last long but if it was rebuilt 20 years ago then again more value. 

Remember this has the bumper fillers which can really ruin the look of a car if/when they are bad and can get fairly expensive to replace.  How do those usually hold up in your area?   Look at the one by the gas filler, this one often seems to be the first to go likely because it gets banged when putting gas in.           
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Carl Fielding

Hi Gary. I have had quite a few of these big low compression FWD Cadillacs for 40 years now. Obviously I REALLY like them.The coupes are a particularly good value these days. I would be happy to help you evaluate this car. Which side of the mountains is the car on now? Please call me at your convenience. What is the status of that 346 ?     -  Carl

D.Smith

Source:  NADA Classic car values.

D.Smith

Of course condition is EVERYTHING!   

If we had some photos to go by we could give you a better idea of value.