News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

67 DeVille 429 fuel pump replacement question

Started by jims427400, August 09, 2018, 03:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jims427400

Can someone explain how I do step #3 on the fuel pump removal section of the repair manual please?

Thank you,
Jim

DeVille68

The should be a screw in the front of the crank. It should be a 9/16-18 UNF
Or you could try an hit the starter real quick
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

jims427400

My problem is I don't know where to index the crank to the position on step 3..  I'm just not understanding what it's telling me to do.
I've swapped out several chevy Fuel pumps and I've just removed the rod and when inserting it I put some heavy grease on it so it doesn't slide out.

Jim

jims427400

I figured it out. I loosen the 2 FP screws and click starter until the fuel pump is loosest and then remove. At least I hope that's what it means..

DeVille68

Quote from: jims427400 on August 09, 2018, 10:27:30 PM
I figured it out. I loosen the 2 FP screws and click starter until the fuel pump is loosest and then remove. At least I hope that's what it means..

jop, that is exactly the reason! Good that you figured it out
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)