News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CT-8?

Started by GBrown #8092, August 18, 2018, 02:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

Seems logical because it would be the only Cadillac Coupe and the outgoing president of Cadillac did write down that the Cadillac Flagship will not be a 4 door sedan.  It would seem that any Cadillac well into development when the former president departed would remain so in order to minimize losses.  The economy is ripe for a large prestige car right now.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

The Tassie Devil(le)

Wish it worked, but the site doesn't like my Ad-blocker, so I simply exited.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

BJM

Cadillac has a flawed history - recent history at least - of rolling out and sticking to the 2 door luxury sports coupe market.  Every few years they come up with something, roll it out almost too quietly, do no further development or have no plans for the next platform revision, and after 4 years it's gone. 

They need to treat it like the Camaro, or the Mustang - where there is a multi generational commitment to it. They will never sell well but with a shared platform they could sell upwards of 10,000 a year. 

I see the Maseratis, the Jaguars, obviously Lexus.  Mercedes and Beemers.  The thing is - at least for now the Cadillac would look fresh in this market because they have not been here.  The XLR looked totally different when it was rolled out.