News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need LaSalle Storage In Denver, CO Area For A Week

Started by carlhungness, August 20, 2018, 04:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

A shot in the dark here. I have a non running 1937 LaSalle Opera Coupe in storage in Denver. The car can be picked up only on a Saturday, preferably Sept. 1. I am having the car shipped to Madison, IN The shipping companies cannot guarantee pick up on a particular day, they need a 3-4 day window. Thus, I'd like to have a towing company pick up the car on Sept. 1 and deliver it to...someplace where it is safe, and a place where the auto transport company can call and say, "We're going to pick up that car on a particular day." Any suggestions appreciated. Thus I need a place to store the car for up to a week. I have tried the various storage facilities but unloading and reloading the vehicle cause a problem. So I need someone to shepherd the vehicle for a few days until a transporter can pick it up. Dealing with the transport companies is like dealing with a bunch of gypsies thus far. I am at 812 273-2472 and of course I am willing to pay for services rendered.

harvey b

maybe call AAA and see who they use in that area,then call the tow company yourself,I know our local companies would be OK with something like that,wouldnt hurt to get an estimate first either,so no big suprises when you get the bill. 8)
Harvey Bowness

carlhungness

Happy to report I called some of the hot rod shops in Denver and luckily my prior performance record as an auto racing book publisher served me well, my name was known to a couple of them and I got immediate help. Plus, the adage there is only 15 degrees of separation among us proved true as the man who is taking the car knows the man I am getting it from. So, my problem is solved.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Carl,
Just make sure the guys know that many of these truckers are vampires & think nothing of wanting to pick up at 11PM. I always seem to be the LAST pick up. I'm glad you got it handled.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Art Director

Contact me, Carl, my info is in the CLC Directory. I can spare a week to put your car inside my garage in Louisville, CO, which is outside Denver, near Boulder.

In fact, the Rocky Mountain Region is coming over on Labor Day morning for breakfast and a parade and your car would be the center of attention.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

carlhungness

Hi: Thanks so much for the offer but luckily I have made arrangements with a local garage for four weeks of storage, it may take that long for a shipper to pick up the car. Fortunately, the garage owners know the man I'm picking the car up from, so it's one of those 15 degrees of separation circumstances. I appreciate the offer.