News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1985 Seville bump strip removal

Started by joeinbcs, August 24, 2018, 02:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeinbcs

Quote from: Mike Josephic  CLC #3877 on August 26, 2018, 02:00:35 AM
Beautiful car and I really like the color.

Given the amount of gloss (and the reflections
I see) I'm going to guess that it was repainted
and clear-coated.

It would not likely not look that good otherwise,
especially since you indicated that the chrome has
some pitting.

Nevertheless, it's a "looker".

Mike

Unfortunately, the previous owner suffered a stroke, so I'm unable to get the information I'd like on the car...I'm trying to reach the owner before him.   If the car was repainted, it was a high quality job, and everything was removed...there's not a hint of overspray on anything...door handle gaskets, all the usual telltale places, and the paint is so uniform, it just looks like a factory job, but better.  Hard to believe somebody would spend the $10K this kind of a paint job costs on a car worth far less than that...but, I suppose its possible...
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

Scot Minesinger

My red 1970 Cadillac DVC pictured was repainted and there is really no way to tell save that it looks so nice.  There is no over spray on anything, it was taken down to metal and all trim and rubber was removed.

Agree, this car was probably repainted a very high quality job in original color.  Look in the trunk, the underside of lid will not have been repainted and should have a slightly different sheen than body.  Agree that it does not make economic sense to repaint the car, but when has the hobby ever made much economic sense.

Enjoy the most expensive 1985 Cadillac hardtop! (maybe the convertibles were more?)
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty