News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Washer Jets

Started by gatech1956, August 25, 2018, 06:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatech1956

looking for some guidance...what's the best approach for getting the washer jets working?

Thanks

J. Gomez

Quote from: gatech1956 on August 25, 2018, 06:30:58 PM
looking for some guidance...what's the best approach for getting the washer jets working?

Thanks

Hmm a few questions;   ???

Is the washer pump working?
Do you get washer fluid out from the washer pump?

If yes;

Do you get any fluid out at any of the two sprayers?

If no;

The nozzles maybe plug with debris, you may be able to unscrew the nozzles form the escutcheon and clean them else you would need to remove the escutcheon and inspect the inside.

There is a small rubber seal which goes around the washer brass tube at the wiper transmission which seals the escutcheon. If the escutcheon was removed the rubber seal cut be blocking the fluid.

More details would be needed to provide a better solution to your question.   ;)
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Glen

If the nozzle is plugged try a very fine wire to clean out the hole in the nozzle.  You don’t want to make the hole any larger so be sure to get a wire small enough.   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

gatech1956

Quote from: J. Gomez on August 25, 2018, 07:26:40 PM
Hmm a few questions;   ???

Is the washer pump working?
Do you get washer fluid out from the washer pump?

If yes;

Do you get any fluid out at any of the two sprayers?

If no;

The nozzles maybe plug with debris, you may be able to unscrew the nozzles form the escutcheon and clean them else you would need to remove the escutcheon and inspect the inside.

There is a small rubber seal which goes around the washer brass tube at the wiper transmission which seals the escutcheon. If the escutcheon was removed the rubber seal cut be blocking the fluid.

More details would be needed to provide a better solution to your question.   ;)

I do not think fluid is getting out from the pump. I disconnected the two hoses from the jar that start come from the dash. I closed of the connection to the jar with my finger where the thinner tube would connect to. I could feel it sucking my finger and I expecting fluid to come out of the other tube once I did that but nothing happened.

J. Gomez

Quote from: gatech1956 on August 26, 2018, 12:02:02 PM
I do not think fluid is getting out from the pump. I disconnected the two hoses from the jar that start come from the dash. I closed of the connection to the jar with my finger where the thinner tube would connect to. I could feel it sucking my finger and I expecting fluid to come out of the other tube once I did that but nothing happened.

There are two pieces for the washer one is the vacuum unit (top of the lid) and the second is the fluid pump (inside bottom of the lid).

There is a basic explanation on how these interact here -> http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=145178.msg362096#msg362096

The water line is the largest of the three plastic nipples on the washer unit, the top is for the coupler vacuum line (if one is installed) and the last one is for the vacuum supply. The control vacuum line is the brass one by itself, this one goes to the washer bottom inside the cab.

In your case either of these units can fail so they would need to be rebuild.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082