News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac headliner and carpet

Started by dinhnguyen57, August 23, 2018, 01:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinhnguyen57

Has anyone ordered the headliner and carpet kit from "All Cadillacs 40s and 50s?  I am wondering if it is easy to install and what the quality is like for the material.  I have a 1941 Cadillac coupe.

Any advice on installation would be much appreciated.

-Dinh
1941 Series 62 coupe
1959 Eldorado Seville
1990 Allante
2007 Mercedes S550
2009 STS
2018 Chrysler Pacifica

benx13

I’m curious for an upholstery kit for my 51 too
1951 Series 62 - Under restoration

C Gorgas

Okay here we go. I ordered my headliner from Acme Auto Headlining, 550 W.16th St., Long Beach,CA. The headliner was an excellent fit and they supplied me with material patches to determine color I needed. They also provided me with enough material to do the visors. Give them a call. For the '41 you will probably need tacking strips and they can be obtained from Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc., 148 Minnow Creek Lane, Windber, PA 15963. TEL 81-467-9842. You will need both 1/2 X 5/16 and 3/4 X 5/16. When you remove your old headliner try not destroy the taking strips. Number the bows front to back so they go back correctly. When installing I install front to back on center first to get a tight fit then I work the sides. It needs two people as far as I'm concerned. A staple gun with the correct length of staples. It is fun as you go along to see the good job you are doing. Make it fun. I'm not familiar with the 50s Cadillac but I believe the process is the same...it was for my '61 Chevy. Chet25441

C Gorgas

I can't tell you where to get the carpet. The one I received was fine except it didn't even come close to fitting the hump in front and I had to remove and restitch 2 or 3 times, Sorry, Chet25441