News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

67 Eldorado 429

Started by BodybyFisher, August 31, 2018, 11:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BodybyFisher

It is my understanding that a 67 Eldorado 429 engine will fit a 67 Coupe/Sedan with a TH400. 

Is that true?

The 67 has an adapter on it so it can utilize the new transmission that fit the 68 472, but that can be removed.   But other than that are there any other issues?  Oil Pan?

Thank you, Mike

67_Eldo

Here are the differences I know of:

* Oil pan (and dipstick?)
* Exhaust headers
* Throttle linkage

There could be more differences. But since I'm keeping my 429 inside the Eldorado, I might miss some RWD variations. :-)

Also, check to see if your engine is a California engine (with the A.I.R. system) or a 49-state version. My 67 Eldorado is a California car, so it once had the A.I.R. pump and still has the California heads.

BodybyFisher

Thank you!

How difficult is it to find an oil pan?

V63

Does your project not have its engine? If it does...you should have all the needed parts.

BodybyFisher

That is a good point.

I need to check with my friend.  He bought a rebuilt 429 for an Eldorado with adapter attached, I am not sure if he has the old engine. 
He was under the gun to buy the engine.
I'll find out, thx