News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking for help finding out about the past of my 1958 Eldorado Brougham # 574

Started by Seanicroute74, September 06, 2018, 03:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanicroute74

Hello everyone. I am looking for help trying to track down the past on my 1958 Eldorado Brougham car 574. i know from 1989 on when my father purchased it from someone in Michigan< however before that i have no clue. I received some info from General Motors data base but it was very vague. the only thing i got besides the color and trim codes were the order # 1619P , the build date 1/21 and the outlet code  NSMD which i cannot make sense of. If anyone has any info or where to get it please let me know. many thanks. 

Glen

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

V63

It is difficult (impossible?) to put the history together due to access or availability of records, moreover privacy rules.

I have been lucky with information on the electric clock or radio,  They would fail fairly early and the owners name and date of repair would be written on it, or a tied repair tag to it. Radiator repairs would solder brass stamped tags with name and address of shop. Lubrication service stickers if any remain.

Much of this would be circumstantial, but good clues could be gained.

David King (kz78hy)

The Brougham database has it being owned in 2010 by Bill Olsen in New Mexico and some photos are shown there.

https://www.newcadillacdatabase.org/survivors-registry/eldorado-broughams/year-1958/?page=174

I found this video of it with that owners name on you tube 7 years ago.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAm3Fg_wvUY

Nice to know #574 is around.  My list shows it being delivered out of the CT distributor.

David

David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

David King (kz78hy)

I talked w/Alan Haas and he found out that NSMD is the New York Zone ('58-'60).  Al also said the car was sold from Stamford, Connecticut.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Seanicroute74

thats great news. Now i wonder what dealer and to whom it was sold???? that should be fun to try and find out. thanks for all the help David. when you talk to Alan next please tell him thanks as well.