News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Coupe DeVille Fuel Tank to Fuel Line Bushings

Started by zipauto, March 07, 2018, 11:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zipauto

Needing the two different size (I assume) bushings that drop into tank fittings for fuel lines to seat on. Weren't aware of these until fuel tank came back from radiator shop with out them! Please advise as to where to purchase.
Thanks in advance. Contact Bill Armstrong C/O Zip Auto Service  PH 406-542-0355 or zipauto@blackfoot.net

raugusti

I asked that question and got no answers after losing one somewhere between my parts car and the garage.  On another site someone said they were able to find one that worked at a hardware store just taking one in to compare.
If you find something let us know what and where.

Thanks
Scott

Scott Augustine
Colorado, USA
'58 Series 62 Conv.
'58 Eldorado Seville

johnregrus

One of the CLC club members made or had these bushings made a couple of years ago. I purchased one from him.

His name is Jeff Maltby and is from California. His messenger name on this forum is JeffMaltby4194. I would give him a try.
1958 Series 62
1956 Eldorado Biarritz

gary griffin

I know Jeff was a member but not sure he still is? If you can not reach him contact me and I will give contact info. We are both Gold-wing guys too!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

walt chomosh #23510

If the bushing is the same for 1955 I bought two from the fellow CLC member. When asked by another 1955 owner for a reference I not only failed to find it but I failed to find my "spare" bushing. (that's not like me, generally I ALWAYS find parts I'm looking for....maybe I'm getting old) Hopefully someone will find the source and pass it to others. Plumbing is VERY important.....walt.....tulsa,ok

David King (kz78hy)

If there is enough interest, I will have some of these made and stock in my little parts business.  I see these being requested now & then.  I have access to the part prints for 3 versions of spacer, pre '49 and post '49 and the '57 onward  A/C vapor return line.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

C Gorgas

I went to NAPA and rummaged through their brass fittings and came up with an exact fit. You might try that. Chet 25441

snoridr182

I could use (1) for a 1955. That means I would buy a few for stock purposes if anyone finds a source.