News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Anxiety?

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, September 11, 2018, 05:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I have all three of my cars safe and sound but after today, I don't know about me. I had the '81 Seville out late last week to charge the A/C as it was not cooling right. It's been two or three years at least since I charged it (when I got it.) so I figured that it was time.

The turn signal didn't come on going home. I am one of the guys that simply holds the lever around our small town so it will blink and not wear the unit out by fully clicking it on. (The "donging" on the '91 drives me crazy.) But I just wasn't getting a green arrow on the dash going home either way.

So, today I had to mow the grass and as usual, had to move the '81 out of the way. I moved the turn signal lever and it worked fine. I don't know if I was "using" the tilt lever instead of the turn signal stalk or what. Anyway, whatever Laurie is going through must be catching, or I'm getting senile.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

z3skybolt

Barry,

You aren't senile until you climb into the back seat of your 4 door sedan and wonder where in the heck the steering wheel is? True story.

Didn't happen to me YET...but to my best friend... age 74. 

Bob
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

Scot Minesinger

Barry,

Guess that you would not have written this unless you are OK, and glad you are.  There is a lot going on in this world, and it is more than the human brain can process.  I see 40 year old's making "senior moments".  The fact that you can cut the lawn to me means you are not senile.

If really concerned, you can see your doctor, better to know even though it may not seem that way.

BTW we all have those days.  Do not judge your mental stability by an early 1980's GM product.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on September 11, 2018, 05:16:55 PM
I have all three of my cars safe and sound but after today, I don't know about me. I had the '81 Seville out late last week to charge the A/C as it was not cooling right. It's been two or three years at least since I charged it (when I got it.) so I figured that it was time.

The turn signal didn't come on going home. I am one of the guys that simply holds the lever around our small town so it will blink and not wear the unit out by fully clicking it on. (The "donging" on the '91 drives me crazy.) But I just wasn't getting a green arrow on the dash going home either way.

So, today I had to mow the grass and as usual, had to move the '81 out of the way. I moved the turn signal lever and it worked fine. I don't know if I was "using" the tilt lever instead of the turn signal stalk or what. Anyway, whatever Laurie is going through must be catching, or I'm getting senile.

Oh sure, blame the new chick, LMAO!!!
And its not senility either.
In the military we called them BRAIN FARTS. Can happen to anyone at any time.
Usually happens to me with a running power tool in my hand, but...

Go cut the grass... its the green fuzzy stuff, just trying to help.  :-*

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Glen

I guess language changes.  When I was in the Navy a brain fart was a good idea.   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Laurie, I can fully understand what you're going through. I have been known to simply go out and sit in one of my cars for an hour or so. Just sit and enjoy being with the car. So, when it's not there, there IS a void. I hope it's back in it's usual place soon for you. And go sit in it for a while. And know that it is "yours."
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

59-in-pieces

Scott,
Barry is fine, UNLESS - he thought he was vacuuming the living room carpet - and wondering when he bought the green shag.

All this talk about getting old is a bummer - I'm seeming to get "OLD TIMERS" moments more often than I would think I should.
By the way - who are you people.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on September 12, 2018, 11:30:46 AM
Laurie, I can fully understand what you're going through. I have been known to simply go out and sit in one of my cars for an hour or so. Just sit and enjoy being with the car. So, when it's not there, there IS a void. I hope it's back in it's usual place soon for you. And go sit in it for a while. And know that it is "yours."

Awwww... <HUG>

There's a car show in Falmouth this Saturday, I'd love to go. Don't know if The Ark will be home in time. Its a 'simple' battery cable replacement, and Michael wants to add another ground. I won't break his ball$ on time, I'm grateful the car is where it is.

Sitting in the center of the front seat... is magic. I know you 'know' Barry. God Bless.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

MAX GRETENCORD

Barry , just chill out and don't worry.............we will see you at the Studebaker National Museum in South Bend on Friday and the Fall Festival at Gilmore on Saturday........everything will be ok around your CLC friends
1953 CADILLAC 6219 SEDAN
1963 STUDEBAKER GT HAWK