News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

75 CDV headlight adjuster screws

Started by jaydog, September 11, 2018, 06:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaydog

I need headlight adjustment screws, can't find them, Caddy Daddy lists the wrong part number and 1975 is not in Dorman's catalogue.  Can anyone help?  I tried the Cad dealer, their books doesn't go back to 75 for a GM part number and a 2 hour Google search doesn't work.  Possible Dorman part numbers are 42124 and 42119 but I can't confirm.

Scot Minesinger

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

If you have those plastic type that snap into place
and always break when they get old, this may be
an answer.

Good auto parts stores usually have those "HELP"
brand items in bubble packs.  Those small plastic &
rubber doodads that we all need from time to time.
I've seen the headlight adjustment screws.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

STS05lg

Jay,

The GM Part Number for the screw is 1618890, however these screws should be available in an expanded 'Help" section of any large auto parts store. The most common failure is the plastic receiver that the screw  mounts into. The reason so many 70s-80s cars with rectangular headlights have lights slanted at various angles. These plastic receivers are square and the best substitute is  a license plate screw receiver (typically white or black in color) also usually located in any expanded "Help" section of an auto parts store.

Lynn

jaydog

Thanks..  found and ordered the plastic retainers...was worried about screw length....duh,,,I'll just use the same screws.