News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New to the Form 1941 60 Special

Started by LCross, September 16, 2018, 01:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCross

I have just purchase a 1941 60 Special 41-6019S and would like to know where I can get information on the car. It has the Body no 1289, Trim no 807, Paint 63 and a body by Fleetwood, Serial number 6340962. It need lots of work and I would also like to know if there are any manuals on the Fleetwood body, I see manuals for the Fisher body but none for the Fleetwood. I will need floor panels for the front and back floors do they make replacements for the 60's I have not been able to locate any. Thanks for any Information.

L Cross

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Forming you own floors is probably the simple thing to do. Do not waste time looking for Fleetwood manuals, there aren't any. All the information you need is included in the regular Master Parts Books. You need both the chassis and body manuals available on eBay. Before you start on the floors you need to check on the condition of the wood body sills. They support the entire body. If they are rotted, you have a big job ahead of you. Lots of luck and welcome.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

LCross

Thanks for the info and my sills are in bad shape so I will look into that problem later. I read on the form that a couple of years ago there where some plans for the sills that you could borrow for a $70.00 donation does anybody know if they are still around.

Paul Phillips

Larry
I have a set of digital files of Barry’s full size wood sill prints, scanned & saved when I took Barry up on his gracious offer to use them in return for supporting the CLC Museum. These are great for making prints that can be used to make routing templates and other tools to recreate a set of wood sills. It will also be easier and less expensive than mailing the original blue line prints around. 

Barry and I talked last evening, and I agreed to make these available for you and anyone else in the future who agrees to the $70 support donation. Please send me a PM with confirmation of your donation, and I will send you a link to download the files. You may make as many prints from these as you need to make your set of sills, but you are asked not to share with anyone else, unless they also make their donation to the CLCMRC.

I am also happy to help answer questions, as I have been thru this before. These sills may look simple from the bottom view, but they are more like a 3-D topo map on the upper side!

I wish you success in bringing your 60S back to an enjoyable condition!

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

Jeff Hansen

Paul, that is generous of you to share your electronic files!  And much easier to boot!

I have the blueprints available which Barry entrusted to me several years ago.  If anyone does not have the means or desire to deal with electronic copies, the blueprints are available for borrowing for the same $70 donation plus postage.  They would be returned to me when you are done with them.  Just another option.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hi Jeff, I was thinking that I'd sent them to Paul. Now that I think of it, it was another item. Thanks again for keeping them safe. Best, Barry
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Paul Phillips

Glad the whereabouts of the originals has been sorted! 

Ok future 60S restorers - you now have two choices on documentation for the wood sills. Please help keep these beautiful cars on the road.

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout