News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 License Plate Lamp

Started by gatech1956, September 16, 2018, 02:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatech1956

Does anyone know how I can access the black wire that goes to the lamp for the license plate? The bulb was burned out, I replaced the bulb but still does not turn on. From what I understand in the wiring diagram, a dark green wire runs from the headlight switch then the wire splits off to three lock on type connectors. One wire for each taillight then one to license plate lamp, my guess is that this lamp's connector needs to be cleaned up. Trouble is I can't find it. Where should I look?

J. Gomez

Quote from: gatech1956 on September 16, 2018, 02:51:16 PM
Does anyone know how I can access the black wire that goes to the lamp for the license plate? The bulb was burned out, I replaced the bulb but still does not turn on. From what I understand in the wiring diagram, a dark green wire runs from the headlight switch then the wire splits off to three lock on type connectors. One wire for each taillight then one to license plate lamp, my guess is that this lamp's connector needs to be cleaned up. Trouble is I can't find it. Where should I look?

The green "wire" for the license plate would go inside the hardness that runs inside the trunk frame reinforcement under the lid striker from the left to the right tail light, it get tapped around the left side tail light.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

gatech1956

Quote from: J. Gomez on September 16, 2018, 04:39:00 PM
The green "wire" for the license plate would go inside the hardness that runs inside the trunk frame reinforcement under the lid striker from the left to the right tail light, it get tapped around the left side tail light.

Thank you! It was left unplugged who knows how many years ago :)