News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'91 Seville Road trip to Fall Festival

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, September 26, 2018, 09:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I had to do a quick clean-up on the '91 as I found when having the oil changed on the '81 which I had planned to take to the show, that both front boots had separated from the end flange which exposed the bearings. So, the '81 was back to being a hanger queen.

Last Thursday, I wiped, washed, and polished the car so that it was presentable. This was the first major road trip for the car and I was a little nervous, especially as I still had a little hesitation at idle and that annoying "rattle" that came and went on acceleration. But, things went fine and on the way home, I was able to relax more. We drove about 540 miles round trip and made the trip home in four hours including a stop at Mickey D's for breakfast.

I had the fuel filter changed this morning and asked for them to inspect the underside for the possible source of the noise. The idle is now better and he said that the rattle was from an exhaust pipe hitting something underneath the car. We have to go to town tomorrow so I'll stop at Midas and see what might be able to be done to stop the annoying noise.

On the way home, I hit the mileage button a time or two, and it's crept up to 19.4 from 17.1.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

FUN! 19.4? Both my cars combined can't get 19.4

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all