News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

75 CDV Bench seat relocation

Started by jaydog, October 09, 2018, 12:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaydog

It appears from the shop manual, that I cannot relocate the power front bench seat back...I need more room.  Has anyone been able to do this?

The Tassie Devil(le)

From my recollections, the factory thought about this problem, and allowed a setback of about 1 1/2" by adding an extra set of holes in the bottom of the seat runners.

Have a look at where the runner bolts to the floor, and if they are bolted down by the rearmost holes, then you can simply undo the bolts, and slip the seat back, and re-bolt down.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   But, then again, I could be totally wrong.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

67_Eldo

My 1967 Eldorado has the holes Bruce mentioned, but that may well have changed by 1975.

This guy sells track extenders that supposedly fit some GM cars up to 1972. If these aren't the correct ones for your car, maybe he has the inside track -- bad-a-bing! -- on a source of extenders that would fit your car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-72-GM-A-X-B-Body-Interior-Bucket-Seat-Track-Extenders-Manual-Driver-Side/201377425134

jaydog

I didn't see any additional hole before I posted, at least not the front part.  I will check again

TJ Hopland

Interesting topic.   I never knew the factories ever had such an option.   I'm gonna have to keep an eye out from now on.  That may explain why sometimes I have felt the same model didn't feel the same.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

jaydog

It appears to be only one way to bolt the seat down, no extra holes.  I suppose I could remove the seat from the top of the track, re-drill holes 2 inches back and remount the seat.