News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Found the trick for car shows

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, October 13, 2018, 03:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

It was a local church that had their first car show today. Small show and they didn't charge for admission (I love those because I am cheap).
Best in show!!
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Bentley

That trophy is much deserved, Jeff.
Wes Bentley
CLC # 30183

chrisntam

Wow!  Great job!  Now, you gotta find a place for the trophy.

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

davedeltadog

Sorry, but car show trophies are dumb. I don't attend car shows that give trophies because I don't do anything but maintain my Caddy as do 99% of the people who own one. It amounts to someone getting a trophy for buying and waxing a car. I call them waxers. My brother thinks if he cleans his Corvette and takes it to a show he deserves a trophy for doing nothing. If your car wins a race, that's a little different, but that can be subjective also. Most racers don't build their cars. I've built a few cars from the ground up. but I didn't do all the work so I don't deserve trophies. I bought my Coupe so all I do is clean and wax it, no big deal. Car show trophies are lame pieces of junk plastic. Just my opinion, but if you like trophies go for it.   

z3skybolt

Dave,

Why would you rain on Jeff's parade? If a cheap trophy means nothing to you then so what? As Trump says all the time....."that isn't nice"!

Bob
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

35-709

Yeah!  And I won best foreign car with my J------ umm, non-Cadillac today.  Spent 3 years restoring and modding it  ;D and am pleased as punch.  Just like everything else, different strokes --- congrats, Jeff.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Lexi

Yeah, the trophies are usually junk, BUT the point is that someone, or a group of people picked your car out from the rest for an award. So it is the recognition that means a lot. Other peoples way of showing appreciation. It is more a pride in ownership thing in my opinion. Congratulations Jeff. Clay/lexi

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. Full disclosure tho, it was a rather small show-still it was nice to be recognized.

Dave-I respect your opinion. I posted this for 2 reasons,well 3 actually. #1 because there has been so darn much talk about judging lately that I figured this was a different take--sometimes the non-perfect ones can win too. #2 is because a lot of people here have read my stories about this car and what we have done to it so I wanted everyone to see that it won. And #3 is because I am a really boring person and I don't have anyone else to tell :).
I never stayed for trophies/awards either. And you are correct Dave- it is just a cheap piece of plastic (although it is really big). But it is nice to be recognized even in a small show where we were only 1 of 3 50's cars. And, I must say,  it made me feel good to pat my son on the back, shake his hand and watch him go up and get that big piece of cheap plastic...... and have him say "C'mon dad, you come too."
I hope you will be able to experience that someday.

Cheers
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373

Glaswegian

Congrats on the win, looks a nice car.

Dave needs to lighten up a little ! IMHO, "better to say something nice or say nothing at all"
I was always told  ::)

Caddyholic

are you going to stl clc show at faust park today?
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

35-709

"And, I must say,  it made me feel good to pat my son on the back, shake his hand and watch him go up and get that big piece of cheap plastic...... and have him say "C'mon dad, you come too."
I hope you will be able to experience that someday."

Hooo-rah!  Bottom line.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: Caddyholic on October 14, 2018, 10:13:13 AM
are you going to stl clc show at faust park today?
Yep. See you there.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Jeff Rose                                         CLC #28373 on October 13, 2018, 11:44:17 PM
Thanks guys. Appreciate it. Full disclosure tho, it was a rather small show-still it was nice to be recognized.

Dave-I respect your opinion. I posted this for 2 reasons,well 3 actually. #1 because there has been so darn much talk about judging lately that I figured this was a different take--sometimes the non-perfect ones can win too. #2 is because a lot of people here have read my stories about this car and what we have done to it so I wanted everyone to see that it won. And #3 is because I am a really boring person and I don't have anyone else to tell :).
I never stayed for trophies/awards either. And you are correct Dave- it is just a cheap piece of plastic (although it is really big). But it is nice to be recognized even in a small show where we were only 1 of 3 50's cars. And, I must say,  it made me feel good to pat my son on the back, shake his hand and watch him go up and get that big piece of cheap plastic...... and have him say "C'mon dad, you come too."
I hope you will be able to experience that someday.

Cheers

Jeff GOOD FOR YOU, your son and the car, this is what its all about. Building memories with your car. Well done!

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

z3skybolt

I met and visited with Jeff and his son at the St.Louis CLC show today.  You should have seen the pride on Jeff face and especially that of his son.  The 55 really is a pretty nice, solid survivor that they have made roadworthy and will continue to improve with time.  Most important to me it seemed was the relationship between father and son.... and the excitement of one  more "new generation" Cadillac preservation enthusiast.    Something money cannot buy.

WAY TO GO GUYS!  A well deserved trophy.

Bob
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

Lexi

76eldo

It always feels good to get the trophy and recognition for the work you put into your car.

There are a lot of car shows nowadays but they do seem to cater to the newer late model muscle cars, or "Waxers" as referred to by Davedeltadog.

I go to less shows than I used to for this reason and the fact that I get bored after a couple of hours and many of the shows are from 9-3. 

Congrats on your win and the biggest thing is getting to enjoy this with your son.  That's much more special.
'
Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Scot Minesinger

Jeff,

Awesome!

What is the "trick for car shows"?  Did not see what that was in your post, just that you went to a small show and won.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

59-in-pieces

Jeff,
I too do not participate in car shows or competitions - the journey of working on my cars is for me - only.
The quality of the trophy is meaningless - plastic or solid gold or Blue Ribbon - it is the fact that you won it based upon your own efforts.
And the "let's go up together" is in my mind the BEST REWARD and showing of the relationship between a father and son - CAN'T BEAT IT - in my book.

As for Dave - get a life - no one needs a Debbie Downer when it comes to the success of others.
Celebrate the father son bond, if you can't get past the "PLASTIC".

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on October 15, 2018, 09:29:47 AM
What is the "trick for car shows"?
Go to the small ones. They "judge" based on votes, not judges. The crowd liked ours so it won. I just figures I would mention it because of all the judging talk that has gone on the last couple of months.
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373

Scot Minesinger

Agreed peer judging is best.  That is how we handle our local shows, some are almost 100 Cadillacs.  Just pretend the keys are all in the ignition and vote for car one you want to drive home. 

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty