News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Switch identification for 40's era Cadillacs

Started by Art Cutler, October 30, 2018, 09:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Cutler

I have a couple of switches that I can't identify.  One looks very similar to a '41 fog light switch but with a fuse on the back and terminals marked B, F, and T (knob is missing).  The other is a brown plastic three (?) position toggle switch that appears to have a resistor coil on the back.  Both are shown in the attached photo.  Can anyone help me identify these?
Series62, CLC #15689

Barry M Wheeler #2189

The brown Bakelite switch is after market "something" and the other is missing the knob and may be a backup light switch.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

TonyZappone #2624

Bottom switch appears like switches I saw on my dad's pre and/or post war Chevrolets
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Jay Friedman

The bottom brown switch appears to be similar the two switches marked "HEAT" and "DEF" that were used in the '49 "standard heating system".  This system cost less than the "Automatic" system found in most '49s and was intended for use in mild climates.  I have only seen one, in a hearse, in my years of '49 watching.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."