News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 Bullet Clips real?

Started by 60eldo, November 05, 2018, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

I got a jar of these 59 bullet clips from an old guy here. I know they make repos, but are these originals or repops? And has anyone tryed the repos. Im gonna try to install some bullets in a 59 fleetwood grill, never done it, I think I need a special tool to push the clips in. Does anyone sell this tool.
Jon. Kluczynski

59-in-pieces

Johnny,
Here are pics of the installation tool, and how it engages the clip to the bullet.

The clips are about 3/4" square, and the arrowhead tips are razor sharp at the edges (that is what keeps the clip in place.

There is a small piece of rubber bent like a horseshoe (reduces vibration and rattles)that goes over the front intersection of the vertical and horizontal (egg crate) flat pieces, and the bullet goes over the rubber and intersection before the star clip are set from behind (backside of the grill).

There are other posts on this subject (search), but I know a guy without a tool who installs his bullets by using a wooden dowel placed in the center of the star clip - once in the bullet - to lightly drive the clip into the bullet.  He then uses a deep socket to gently drive the arrows of the star clip down the bullet slot to secure the bullet to the grill frame.

Your star clips are beat up and rusty and arrow points bent (likely because they were twisted to get them loose), so I would guess they are not repros.  But here are pics of an OEM and repros..

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher