News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Fred Bausch previous VP for Western regions & long time member has passed.

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, December 08, 2018, 07:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Fred Bausch of San Carlos, Ca. passed on Wednesday. He may have other positions in the club besides VP. Long time member that had lots of nice cars. Managed our annual picnic at Portal Park for years. We'll miss him.
Bob Hoffmann
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Definitely a sad time for his family, not only his personal family, but his Cadillac and Clock family.

Bronwyn and I enjoyed Freds' infectious company twice at our home here in Tasmania, and during his visits to Australia to attend the Aussie CLC Rallies, plus our visits to his home in San Carlos.

Travelling with him and his Son to the 2011 Northern/Southern CLC get-together in Morro Bay was another highlight which wasn't planned, but just happened.

Rest in peace Fred.

Bruce & Bronwyn Reynolds.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeff Hansen

Very saddened to hear this.  When I was just getting involved nationally with this club almost 20 years ago, Fred was one of the first to reach out and introduce himself to me.  He was always very friendly and was always glad to see you. Even after I dropped off the board 8 years ago, Fred and I still corresponded.

He will absolutely be missed.  My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Vince Taliano #13852

L to R: the late Ron VanGelderen, two-time past President of the CLC, and Fred Bausch at the 2007 Legacy of LaSalle event in Greenbelt, Maryland.  RIP to both.
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Fred and my son-in-law are/were both master clockmakers. When we had the GN in San Carlos, Gay and I went through Fred's shop. He will be missed in both the clock community and the old car community. God Bless!
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Art Director

Fred was my Region’s Vice President for a long period of time. His infectious laugh, his penchant for kissing my late wife and current girlfriend to greet them, and his outlook on life...I will really miss him. I was honored to tour his clock shop not once, but twice, the last time a little over a year ago. RIP Fred and condolences to Penny and the rest of his family.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Quentin Hall

Time is fleeting, no matter how accurate the clock. Saddened to hear this . Fred was a good friend and propped me up with his good advice and humour. He welcomed me with a firm hand shake at the 96 Dallas GN. RIP Mate!
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

David Greenburg

Very sorry to hear this news.  Fred was a fixture at our Regional Meets for as long as I can remember.  We will certainly miss him.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special