News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Help To I.D. LaSalle Sombrero Hubcap

Started by carlhungness, December 09, 2018, 12:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

I need help identifying the year of this LaSalle Sombrero hubcap. I found four of them from a man who has restored a '37 Convertible Coupe and he's not sure what year they are. The emblem is surely different than the ones on my '37 coupe, so wondering if it is '38 on up, etc.

Tom Boehm

Hello Carl, That wheelcover is for a 1939 Lasalle. 1940 used the same except the center logo was black and red. The small hubcaps were the "standard" and the full wheelcover like you have was an upgrade.

carlhungness

Thanks for the ID. I imagined it was '38-9-40 and like it a lot. Thus, my friend has four of them, some dented a bit but not beyond repair. I have three great ones for my '37 and one with a major whack in it that I'll start tapping on one day.

DaveZ

Hi Carl,
38 is like 37. 39 is like 40 but black as where 40 is red......I think:-)  Somewhere I saw cream centers too? Then there are some that are stamped and some that have the medallion as an insert.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

carlhungness

My friend Karl Kinzer and I found four of the sombreros in his attic and they caught my eye. I do have three great sombrero hubcaps for my '37 and one with a massive dent in it and was thinking possibly the ones Karl had could have been for a '37.
   So I'm sure the ones he has are for sale and ultimately I'll keep the ones I have for my own car.
   Thanks for the ID. If he wants to sell them I'll list them on the forum.