News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 Coupe Deville Body Mounts/Braces

Started by snoridr182, December 10, 2018, 08:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoridr182

I am looking to replaces rotten floor braces on my 1955 Coupe Deville. No company is currently making reproductions. After much searching of photos it seems like I could use braces from a Bel-Air of the same era. Does anyone know if this is true or has been successful with this approach already?

I will post photos some time this week.

Roger Zimmermann

Pitures are always lying! It's very difficult to do such a comparison based on pictures. Indeed, a floor brace is by nature similar from brand to brand; however, dimensions can be different. You will have probably a single option: have a look at a Bel-Air, and measure the braces.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Caddy Wizard

Check with the guys up in Wappinger Falls (Frank Nicodemus' operations).  They made a replacement part for the lower half of my 56 RF fender and it was incredibly accurate.  Perhaps they have made the parts you need in the past and could replicate them.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)