News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1977 - 1981 CDV

Started by 6caddy2, December 11, 2018, 10:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6caddy2

Seeking knowledge on the above subject, I've have been routinely viewing and reading this Forum which is awesome, and full of a lot of knowledge and experience in the world of Cadillac's! I'm wanting to find and buy a 77 -81 CDV, I had been thinking along the lines of a Fleetwood but... the CDV for me is it, I've been looking for about a year now, and it seems these are really starting to come out of the wood work so to speak. Or maybe not!
So I've been quitely laying back and looking forward to Brian's postings on these ( hope they continue) and others as well.
I want to be as knowledgeable as I can be so as to ask the right questions when the time is right.
1) where is the option tag "sticker" located on these vechiles, or is it done by the VIN #
2) when did the slick top start and stop for these years?
I'm just throwing this one out there, what would be the exterior/ interior color to wait for?!
All knowledge and thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated!

1962 convertible
1979 Fleetwood brougham d'Elegance
1981 Coupe deVille 368 FI 864
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Data tag is located on the driver's side of cowl (hood open). I can't make heads or tails about the options code system used in the 1970s and not all optional equipment necessarily appears there anyway. Just go by what the car is.

Vinyl roof was optional equipment on standard DeVilles (first introduced on the Coupe deVille in 1963) until 1984, therefore there is no such thing as a "delete roof" option on DeVilles. However, vinyl roof was standard on the Fleetwood Brougham and only on that model would it need to be deleted by special order. In all my years, I've only come across one so ordered: A 1974.   
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute