News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac- How is the wire ran, Round 1.

Started by RayRay, December 13, 2018, 02:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

Main harness from the body channel on the floor. Does it go in number 1 which also has a factory hold down flange or is it number 2 which would be a direct route from said channel and follow the seam of the fender like the drains do. I personally think number 2, it just looks cleaner and seems more practical.

This is leading to the rear.

RayRay

Just a side note, I took on this project after it was disassembled and no pictures were taken before so I'm basically putting a puzzle together with no picture to go by.  Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
   Also I have and continue to look for anything online, books to buy and such. Not much I've found so far shows nor describes the detail I really need. Thanks again!

J. Gomez

Quote from: RayRay on December 14, 2018, 07:12:54 AM
Just a side note, I took on this project after it was disassembled and no pictures were taken before so I'm basically putting a puzzle together with no picture to go by.  Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
   Also I have and continue to look for anything online, books to buy and such. Not much I've found so far shows nor describes the detail I really need. Thanks again!

Ray,

Is that the rear tail/trunk lights hardness? From what I recall (at least on mine  ??? ) it goes up the rear fender well and out on the side opening.

The tail lights will go back down to the left side around the gas filler pipe metal cover, the one for the trunk light is clip on the left trunk hinge and feed inside the opening up to the rear.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

RayRay

Quote from: J. Gomez on December 14, 2018, 08:46:21 AM
Ray,

Is that the rear tail/trunk lights hardness? From what I recall (at least on mine  ??? ) it goes up the rear fender well and out on the side opening.

The tail lights will go back down to the left side around the gas filler pipe metal cover, the one for the trunk light is clip on the left trunk hinge and feed inside the opening up to the rear.

It is the rear harness.
That possibility didn't even cross my mind, I'm gonna try it and see how it does. Thanks again for the help. I know I have many more questions on this car, I'll be buying you dinner here shortly😉

RayRay

Quote from: J. Gomez on December 14, 2018, 08:46:21 AM
Ray,

So the route you showed was too narrow for the harness to fit through so I went with my original thought. From the floor channel to the number 2 hole and ran it along the inside of the seam on the inner fender and down into the trunk, it was a straight line and fit perfectly and looks clean. It will work for now, hopefully it's correct.