News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Correct Color for 1960 Cadillac Wheels

Started by Scott Halver, December 13, 2018, 03:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Halver

Hello, I'm wanting to re-paint my 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Seville wheels and understand that the wheels were a light grey from the factory.  Someone posted Dupont 1323 as the correct paint color.   Does anyone know the correct (or close) paint code for PPG ?  Thank You for your help !!!  SHalver CLC #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350

Dan LeBlanc

1952 Ford Wood Smoke Grey is a decent match.  Ford paint code M2J-64.  The DuPont formula number listed in Cadillac literature cross references to this color.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Scott Halver

1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350

RICHNICH56

Quote from: Scott Halver on December 13, 2018, 03:01:24 PM
Hello, I'm wanting to re-paint my 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Seville wheels and understand that the wheels were a light grey from the factory.  Someone posted Dupont 1323 as the correct paint color.   Does anyone know the correct (or close) paint code for PPG ?  Thank You for your help !!!  SHalver CLC #24920

Call tcpglobal.com.  858-909-2110 and give them your vin- they will mix an EXACT factory match. I did this with my ‘56 Caddy last year- sent me body color for mine and  still looks great! Looks sharp mounted on new Coker tires! Just for wheels 1 qt plus the Hardener is more than enough.  Good luck, Rich

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Are you referring to the spaces between the ribs around the perimeter of the hub of a 59/60 wheel cover?
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute