News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940 LaSalle Dash Cluster

Started by jwaldrich, December 14, 2018, 04:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwaldrich

Having a heck of a time removing the dash cluster to effect repairs.

The entire dash panel "seems" loose having removed the three attachment point nuts and the speedometer cable but I'm having no luck getting it out and I fear breaking it during the removal process.

Advice??

Thanks in advance.
Life is tough but it's tougher when you are stupid.

Tom Boehm

Hello John, Here is a picture of the back of my 40 Lasalle dash. maybe it will help. The hooks at the top hold a thick wiring harness. Maybe that is what it is hung up on.   On your other post, I've seen 346/322 oil filters mounted on the left side of the engine toward the front. 

jwaldrich

Life is tough but it's tougher when you are stupid.

Tom Boehm

Just to be sure, you only mention disconnecting the speedometer cable.   There are also three clip in bulbs, 6 wires, oil pressure line, and the trip odometer armored cable. The trip odometer cable stays with the gauge cluster. Disconnect it from the bottom of the dash.

C Gorgas

I have perfect interior panels for the cluster if interested. Chet22541