News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CLC Member Jack Carroll Jan 2019 Hemmings Classic Cars Article

Started by Jason Edge, December 15, 2018, 07:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Edge

A big tip of the hat to fellow CLC member Jack Carroll and the Jan 2019 Hemmings Classic Cars magazine spotlight on his designs in the 1960's at AMC in the article "History of Automotive Designs: Jack Carroll Designs". I do not know Jack personally but greatly admired his 1939 LaSalle (pictured below) at the 2014 Grand National in Lake George and am very appreciative for his influential work in the automotive industry. 

If you subscribe to HCC, check out the article in this month's issue starting on page 74. As I read through and admired his designs, especially the next-gen Ambassador Coupe with it's hint of Cadillac styling; and then the final note that he enjoyed driving his 1939 LaSalle, I made the correct assumption that he was a CLC member. I quickly turned to my CLC International Directory and saw Jack Listed with his '39 LaSalle, then made another correct assumption that he was probably at the nearby Lake George Grand National where I had photographed all the LaSalles in attendance. Sure enough, there was his blue 1939 in my 2014 GN photo collection … and uploaded to the CLC website Photo Page.

We truly have automotive royalty amongst us in the Cadillac & LaSalle Club!  Another reason to join the CLC Family and attend those Grand Nationals!  It's also another reason why we should stop and listen to the great stories these owners have to tell!

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic